No help file ESP8266 1.44.2

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: No help file ESP8266 1.44.2

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks Bugs for all your testing.
It is quite curious :D
Does the problem happens only on ESP8266?
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Some thoughts...

One of the first lessons that microsoft gave was to reboot - always when things go wrong, else once a week anyway just to pre-empt inevitable problems.
The same applies to routers, which are probably pre-programmed with the vested interests of others, making them uncontrollably controlling, and internally hectic.
So I periodically reboot my routers to clear out caches and tables (mine are powered via an Annex device so I can schedule reboots or remotely reboot them on demand).
Then I would check what DNS servers are actually being used, because of the arms race where everyone wants to re-direct you via them for their own purposes.

For those who still have online help problems, perhaps ask cicciocb nicely for .chm help versions which can be displayed on a local machine using an appropriate CHM viewer.
bugs

Post by bugs »

Yes - just ESP8266 on my laptop anyway.

Repeated the Opera test on second laptop (both up-to-date version) both windows 10 - and F2 works.
Also tried Opera on Android tablet and that also is ok.

So seems to be a pc/windows/browser combination effect on my laptop only. Have a couple of desktops I can try later but running out of iuseful deas.
The testing is just for interest - I have not encountered the problem during normal Annex use.
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

Some interesting observations there bugs!
I think I have come to the same conclusion. ie depends on what Mr Gates had for breakfast :roll:
I've had a fiddle around in Firefox and found that expressly allowing popups for the specific IP of each ESP allows F2 to work.
Like you, just for the sake of testing as I don't have any real issues with it.